How can we lower the obesity rate among Rosedale Middle School students?
- Middle-school-age kids (from 11–13 years old) in Rosedale.
- They know the basic facts of nutrition and exercise, but they are not ready to implement the knowledge they have been given.
- 51% of kids in Rosedale are obese.
- Average income is $37,000
- 89% of kids are on the free lunch program.
- Kids who eat school lunch are 29% more likely to be overweight.
Social Behavior We Want to Change:
We want to change the eating habits of middle school kids by exposing them to healthier choices.
How We’ll Measure the Results:
We’ll be able to see whether the obesity rate lowers.